Approved High School Courses for Conditionally Ready Students
Students designated as "Ready for CSU or participating CCC college-level mathematics courses - Conditional" can meet the ELM Requirement by taking an approved year-long math course in their senior year and getting a grade of C or better. The following high school courses have been approved:
- Trigonometry and Math Analysis
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Statistics
- AP Physics
Other year-long courses have been approved as follows:
- Algebra II is approved if the student's high school counselor deems it appropriate for a student to retake this course in their senior year.
- Any other year-long high school math course with Algebra II as a prerequisite is approved.
- Any course accepted by the CSU Mathematics Faculty Validation Committee prior to the student's senior year is approved.
- The student's school must submit a course proposal to the committee for approval.
- Counselors will have a list of any special courses previously approved for that school.