Ready for CSU or Participating CCC College-Level Mathematics Courses - Conditional
Students whose EAP math status indicates that they are "Ready for CSU or participating CCC college-level mathematics courses - Conditional" have demonstrated readiness at this point in time for math at the CSU. However, they will need to take the appropriate math course in the senior year to ensure that they continue to be ready.
Ways to Meet the Entry Level Mathematics Requirement in the Senior Year
Students designated as "Ready for CSU or participating CCC college-level mathematics courses - Conditional" can meet the CSU Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) Requirement by successfully completing approved courses during the senior year.
- High School Course – There are several approved high school math and science courses that students can take in the senior year. Completion of any of these courses with a grade of C or higher will meet the ELM requirement.
- Supervised e-Learning Course – Completion of an online instructional program monitored by CSU math faculty prior to high school graduation will meet the ELM requirement.
- Community College Course – Earning a grade of C or higher in Intermediate Algebra at a community college prior to high school graduation will meet the ELM requirement.
- National Standardized Tests – Students who get a qualifying score on a national standardized math placement test fulfill the ELM requirement:
||Required score for ELM requirement
||550 or more on the math portion
||550 or more on Level IC or IIC of the math portion
||23 or more on the math portion
|College Board AP
3 or more on Advanced Placement Calculus or Statistics
- Community College Course – Students can earn a grade of C or higher in a CSU-qualifying general education, transferable math course (quantitative reasoning, Area B4) at a community college. Students should see their academic advisor for more information.
- ELM Examination – Students who have not met any of the ELM exemptions requirements must take the ELM.
- Students must take the exam before enrolling in courses at the CSU.
- Exam Prep tools are available in a number of settings, including online tutorial programs.
- If a student does not pass the ELM examination, he or she may need to participate in Early Start.